QUICK GUIDE TO USING THE QR CODE
Login, select the Boards menu option from the main menu. You will need to request a set of QR codes from email@example.com
DETAILED STEPS FOR MANAGING QR CODES
The EDIS QR code assignment and process requires 4 steps , each step is describe below the table:
|Download a list of boards from EDIS Cloud onto the EDIS App.|
|2 STICK||Stick the QR code on the board, these should be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3 SCAN||Scan the QR Code and assign it to the board|
|4 UPLOAD (this will happen automatically if you are connected to the internet)|
Upload the board to the EDIS Cloud
HELPFUL TIP: Before starting the QR code assignment process, you will need:
- A list of distribution boards - The EDIS Cloud list should hold the building distribution board schedules. These boards will be automatically created and updated as part of the electrical certification process. In some cases they may have been created as part of a data loading exercise.
- QR Code labels - You will need to have a batch of QR codes labels that you can use to stick on the board. These codes can be requested from: email@example.com
DOWNLOADING THE BOARDS
- To access the BOARDS menu, swipe from left to right on the screen (or click the three parallel lines on the top left side), this will open the main menu.
- On the main menu click BOARDS option.
- From the board menu click on the Cloud icon with the Down Arrow. This will open a screen to select the download criteria. Enter a set of criteria or click List Boards
Note: (Downloading the boards requires an internet connection.)
STICKING QR CODES ONTO THE DISTRIBUTION BOARD PANEL
- You should have received a batch of QR Codes, if not, then they can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stick one of the labels on the distribution cabinet door. It should ideally be placed on the outside of the door, unless the information on the schedule is sensitive, in which case stick it on the inside of the door.
SCANNING THE QR CODE
- After downloading the boards as per step 1 and sticking the code label to the distribution board cabinet - the code can be scanned and assigned to the board.
- In the board list screen you will see a QR code icons on the right side of the board records. The centre of the QR code will be blank if the code is unassigned, it will have a green tick if it is assigned and will have a red exclamation mark if it is pending upload.
- Tap on the icon next to the board that you want to assign to the QR code that you have stuck to the distribution board.
This will open the QR code reader, the QR code reader will read the code and offer to assign the QR code to the Distribution Board reference, Click OK or Cancel.
UPLOADING THE BOARD
Finally, the board can be uploaded. Click on the icon with the Cloud Up Arrow. This will allow you to select and upload the board.
FINAL QR CODE ASSIGNMENT CHECK
To confirm the code is correctly assigned check the following:
A final check that you can do to test the assignment you can download a free QR code reader from the app store and then scan the QR Code to see the result.